2007年11月3日土曜日

Books by Paulo Coelho


I finished reading all the books published in English by Paulo Coelho and lend it out to Chloe and Debra. His books are quite good read. Millions of readers' life have been affected by his words. (Julia Roberts, Bill Clinton, Madonna etc) Bill Clinton even invited Paulo for a meeting after reading The Alchemist, which was introduced by his daughter.

Paulo writes in Portuguese and most of his works are translated into English and Chinese.

Paulo Coelho's books in Amazon.com

1. The Alchemist
Story about chasing our Dream! More than 65million sold in 52 languages.

2. Eleven Minutes: A Novel (P.S.)
Sex is sacred, love story of a prostitute. The most sold book of year 2003.

3. Veronika Decides to Die: A Novel of Redemption (P.S.)
Learn to live our lives to the fullest after conquering the fear of Death.

4. The Devil and Miss Prym: A Novel of Temptation
Greed(evil) vs Righteous, Devil vs Angel.

5. By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept: A Novel of Forgiveness (P.S.)
Story about Love long overdue.

6. The Witch of Portobello
His latest work, about the story of a Psychic Medium being told through recollections and reflections of the people who knew--or thought they knew--her best.

7. The Pilgrimage
The author's personal account of his pilgrimage along the legendary road to San Tiago in Spain.

8. The Valkyries
The author's personal account of his search for forgiveness and liberating his soul from his haunting pass.

9. The Fifth Mountain
Fiction Story set in the Biblical age from the Old Testament. Test between personal Love and Duty assigned by God.

10. The Zahir: A Novel of Obsession (P.S.)
People start to appreciate things when they have loss them. The main character started to take his wife seriously after she disappeared without a word. And obsessed to find her while rediscovering her true self.

11. Warrior of the Light: A Manual
A manual on how to live a virtuous live according to Paulo's belief.

12. Like the Flowing River: Stories
A collection of short stories and author's personal accounts.

Well, I like his books, but not all of them are interesting though. Some of his words really introduce me to many new perceptions and thoughts. Most of his works are short, just over 200pgs.

Well, hope you guys/gals are interested to read some of the books. Just borrow them from Chloe or Debra. I lend the Chinese Illustrated version to Kay Leong (Li Liang) also.

Hope they will inspire you!!

5 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

bryan_shiro, hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog, if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
When every day seems the same it is because we have stopped noticing the good things that appear in our lives.
(The Alchemist)


See u there and have a great day!
Aart

bryan_shiro さんのコメント...

Dear Aart,

Thank you for the information. I have been reading Paulo's Blog frequently.

Will subscribe to the newsletter now.

Well, hope my friends might be interested in reading some of the books. Just want to share with all of them something meaningful.

shirls さんのコメント...

hey Pek, I did not know you are such avid reader !
Coelho's books are everywhere and my boyfriend has a few copies but I have not started to read yet.
Since I am so free now, I picked up reading again. hey, you inspired me. I will try to catch up :)

bryan_shiro さんのコメント...

Cool!! Start with The Alchemist. His most famous work so far.

Coelho's books are not too long written, and you will enjoy finishing it quite fast as most of his books are page turners.

Enjoy!

shirls さんのコメント...

Hey Pek, don't call me Shirley. I am more used to Xue Fen with high school friends :)

Yup. We have Alchemist at home. Will update you when I finish reading :) My bf is an avid reader too, but less after he met me. Haa haa !