2008年1月18日金曜日

8" Dunnies for January 2008


Got this pink 8" Dunny yesterday from a toy shop. Limited run of 1,500pcs for each color. The shop was only given 6 of this pink color by Kidrobot. This time they come with a mini Fatcap, that shaped like a spray can with limbs.

I was very tempted to get the black one below online, when the local shop told me they could not get their hands on them, but the price is forbidding, as Kidrobot only send their stuff via EMS courier service. The shipping it self cost more than the Dunny (Retail: USD50 per pc) which comes to about USD110. Any way, I waited for them to start taking orders online. But within hours (after a movie), I checked on the Internet, and they are sold out. So fast and crazy!!


This is still okay, if those items were bought by real collectors, but to my dismay, these item are starting to pop up on eBay selling at least 40% more of its retail price. These people who are not collectors, but who had a privileged to get those stuff easily (live nearby the stores etc.), then re-selling at a big profit margin are call : "Flippers!"

Well, I stop being so aggressive on hunting toys, as my room is running out of space to store the toys + $$ running low. Only get those that I really love and maybe when there is a bargain.

So, just give me some opinion, which color you like best?

3 件のコメント:

michelle さんのコメント...

eh, me & my hubby like the black one....
hey, ur japanese so good huh...since when?

bryan_shiro さんのコメント...

Thanks Michelle, too bad I cannot get my hands on the Black one at the moment.

I studied Uni in Japan leh for 5 years. Now working in a Japanese company, so my Japanese still can maintain at a certain level.

michelle さんのコメント...

wow, that's great! next time if i want to go to Japan, will definitely ask for ur advice then... :)