2008年3月17日月曜日

A Loner's Saturday

Well, last Saturday, after a very long while (from the week I went to India) I finally can go lepak around my usual favorite spots.

1.00pm
I went to a Comic Shop that offers crazy discount due to the owner's birthday. Got hold of this chance to purchase 2 volumes of Sandman Absolute Collection. The price was very forbidding at SD150 per volume before discount, after discount both for SD207. 4 volumes in total, next volume will be out this Christmas and the last in 2009.
2.30pm
Walked to Bugis Junction, and bump into Liaw Kok Keong and his wife! Wow... Singapore is small. They came down to attend his cousin's wedding. Had a short chat and I proceed to Kinokuniya Bookstore.


3.00pm
After a short browse, proceed to Sunshine Plaza to look for some Gundam models kits. Few of the kits are on bargain, but I could not bring my self to buy any more of the Kits. Must control.

4.00pm
Dhoby Ghaut. My main purpose to come out that day was to visit the museum for the exhibition of Greek Sculptures from Louvre of Paris. Seems that they only give free admission after 6.00pm, hence I decided to go Cathay Cine leisure to kill time. Better spend SD8 on a movie than the admission to the museum.


4.30pm
After buying the ticket for Spiderwick, I proceed to have a snack of Mee Sua and Cheese crepe from the Shih Lin Night Market stall, which SK introduced in his blog. A bit pricey, but quite satisfying.


The movie was okay for kids. The effects are so so, but the young actor who plays a twin is very good. I personally think the book is better with those colorful illustrations by Tony DiTerlizzi.

6.30pm Greek Sculptures from Louvre
Finally get to see the marvelous sculptures which are all more than 2,000 years old. But when I went inside the hall, and saw those big sculptures that was displayed with minimum security with no fencing whatsoever, just a "Do not Touch" sign, instinctively I thought that those are just replicas made of plaster. And with close up looked, I saw fine silica grains which was shinny under the spotlights. Well, at least those smaller items displayed inside the glass cabinets should be real ones...


7.30pm
After the museum, I went to Carefour to get some humidifier. I was walking pass all those yummy & seductive snacks and cookies, but I managed to refrain from spending for "junk" food. Well, in the end, i spent more than 1/2 hour Q-ing up to pay for 1 item. Really Crazy!! Those cashiers are really slow and inefficient.


9.30pm
After 1 hour of bus ride, I finally reached home.

5 件のコメント:

Dreamer さんのコメント...

good for u.. really did a lot in a day...

bryan_shiro さんのコメント...

Well, I always plan ahead whenever I go down town. Cos not like when I was in Malaysia got a car to drive around. Most of the time I cover the distance on foot. That Sat, I practically walked from one MRT station to another: City Hall to Bugis to Dhoby Ghaut.

Grace Lee さんのコメント...

Looks like your loner's day really well planned and well spent.
Cant imagine myself going to a Musuem. It is a place that i am not going to go... hehe...
The photos that you uploaded, look like some of the sulptures i saw in the Eyptian Museum.

bryan_shiro さんのコメント...

Well, Egypt is so near to Greece, might have some cultural exchange happened.

Well, according to Paulo Coelho, he suggest travellers not to go museum, but to enjoy the current view, people and environment of the place it self. Only when we are to study some specific stuff then we go to museum to look for it... or else a bit aimless.. he says. Well, I personally like Museum artifacts... as I really admire those collection, like Emperor Qing's toys, the Bronze Chariots.

[SK] さんのコメント...

hmmm.. i'm always lonely during weekends leh.. hahahaha!! wish i could do as much like you do..